When you own a prominent business such as a travel agency, your office says a lot about you as a person. The way your furniture is arranged, the cleanliness of your space and the overall look of the office can make or break people’s first impression of you. Even if you’re a fantastic travel agent and have been around the world twice, if your office looks like it hasn’t been dusted or tidied in years, it can make a potential client walk away without committing to a purchase.
Fortunately, besides hiring office cleaners like http://www.benchmarkcleaning.com/, keeping the office neat, tidy, and clean is easy and it doesn’t require a great deal of effort on your part. In order to help you get started, here are some of our top tips:
1. Keep your desk clean and free of any items that aren’t directly related to travel or taking notes. In order to make a good first impression, always clean your desk with a mild furniture cleaner at the end of the day. It will help kill germs and bacteria, but it will also make your desk look that much cleaner.
2. Make sure that all physical printouts are properly organized and kept in a filing cabinet. There’s absolutely no excuse for not storing people’s personal information properly. To make things safer, keep a shredder next to your desk to shred all documents that are no longer valid.
3. There should be no trash or traces of food in your office. One of the most unprofessional things that travel agents do is keep their wrappers on their desks or accidentally leave them on the floor. Keep a trash receptacle next to the door for visitors and one under your desk to keep trash out of the way.
4. Indoor plants are a great way to improve indoor air quality and add a personalized touch to the office. Don’t forget to keep up the appearance of being neat and tidy by putting up a few travel-themed photographs on the wall. There’s no need to go overboard, but you should definitely add a cozy touch.
5. When in doubt, desk organizers are a real blessing. Keep a canister for your pens, pencils, and other writing utensils. In addition, a notepad or other paper for writing on can make your space feel more useful.
When it comes to keeping your travel agency office neat and tidy, there’s really nothing to it. With a bit of minimal effort, you can make a world of difference.Read More